Monday, July 9, 2012

Ugly fabric, ugly project? Part 2

Yesterday I went to the second round of the ugly fabric swap organised by my favourite forum. When I participated the first round, my fabric was declared worst of the bunch, but the shorts I made were somehow cute...

This time, the fabric I gave away was again a handmedown from my mum: Stretchy, navy jeans fabric wich orange glitter woven in!

Shiny fabric is shiny!

Glitter close up

Looks so innocent...

A beauty, isn't it? Well here are all fabrics together on one picture:


And this is what I recieved:


The rules are clear:
  1. The ugly fabric has to be used for a wearable garment.
  2. It has to be the outer fabric, not hidden as a lining.
  3. The next time we meet, you have to come in the garment made from the ugly fabric. And we meet publicly!

5 comments:

ette said...

Hihi, den Stoff kenn ich noch von Kreativ-Flohmarkt. Du hast ihn als Tischdecke benutzt und wolltest mir ihn sogar andrehen. Und ich gestand, dass ich aus einem ähnlichen (Stretch-Jeans mit rotem Glitter) mal eine Hose hatte.
Aber dein Tausch-Stoff sieht ja grauselig aus. Das ist ja nichtmal ein schreckliches Muster, sondern richtig pfuibäh. Da bin ich mal gespannt ob du das retten kannt.^^

linnea-maria said...

Ha ha that was a clever swap. Something that is ugly for one person can be interesting for the other and other eyes can see something useful with the ugly pieces. I'm so curious what you will do of your piece.

MindLess said...

@ette: Ja, genau! Und Nyoba kannte ihn auch schon, die muss jetzt was draus nähen! ^^ Ich muss mir noch was ausdeken, gehe aber tendentiell in Richtung Mittelalter...

@linnea-maria: I'm also curious! I thought about using it for the medieval marriage, but I have to try if the fabric can be dyed. Like, sewing this for the meeting and dyeing it for the marriage of my friends afterwards...

Wollmaus said...

Oh ja, was werde ich für einen Spaß haben!
Meiner Meinung nach bin ich noch glimpflich davongekommen!

MindLess said...

@wollmaus: Ja, ich bin ein bisschen neidsich auf deinen Stoff...