Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Halloween Tag

The lovely Madame Mari Mortem tagged me to answer some Halloween questions and I obey her every wish:


1. Favorite Halloween song?
The Halloween Song from Nightmare before Christmas of course!

2. Witch or Vampire
I once read in a book a phrase which really stuck with me: "How do you want to be immortal if you feel bored on a rainy sunday already?" Since I still feel bored rather easily, I'd very much prefer tp be a witch! Also, they are my favourite characters in Terry Pratchett's books! I'd make a great Nanny Ogg! ^^

3. Favorite thing about Halloween
I love fall; it is my favourite season! I love many spooky things and a holiday for creepy stuff which is also in my favourite season is great, no?

4. Halloween party or scary movie marathon?
I would love to combine both: Dress up, dance and later retire on the couch and watch scary movies. I may be jumpy but I love both trashy and spooky horror movies!

5. Skeletons or Zombies?
Since I assume that zombies stink rotten, I prefer clean skeletons. Also, they are.much less infective!

6. Favorite Halloween candy?
Germany has none of the many candies that US children get during Halloween. I tried candy corn once, but it was too sweet for me. So I'll stick with creepy looking German candy like white mice or gummy worms!

7. Favorite Halloween movie?
Annything Tim Burton! But like Mary I loved Hocus Pocus, Halloween Town and Ginger Snaps!

8. Favorite Halloween costume?
I once was a damned good medusa, a creepy maid and a Nazghul. For the next occasion I might make a Star Trek Zombie...

9. Favorite Halloween store?
Hands down TK Maxx. I never found high quality Halloween stuff in Germany elsewhere. Or the allmighty interwebs...

10. Jack-o-lanterns, yes or no?
Why yes, and make some soup from the innards!

11. Bats or Black Cats?
I owned a black cat named Mo some timw ago and loved him dearly. He died of old age years ago, but still is in my heart and memory! So I might be biased here... :) Nut I also lovr bats and have seen some during dusk here in Heidelberg! 
Like Madame Mari Mortem,  I'm terrified of anything flying. Which is why I like bats, but not too close to my head!

12. Is Halloween your favorite holiday?
Oh, I like all of them and have a hard time deciding on a favourite. But for dressing up and spooky decorations, Halloween scores high on top! 

13. Pumpkin spice latte or hot chocolate?
This one is easy: I like neither coffee nor cinnamon, so hot chocolate it is!

I will tag noone im particular, but if you feel interested: Go ahead and take the spooky querry!

5 comments:

Madame Mari Mortem said...

That's a good point about immortality, but can you imagine all that you could sew! It completely misses the point you're making lol... but we're sewists; we sew and ache for more time to do it hehe.

Jade said...

Awesome answers, I love the witches of Terry Pratchett too! And I love how scientifically you pondered about the question about zombies and skeletons! :D

MindLess said...

@ Madame Mari Mortem: But just imagine you run out of motivation and inspiration - for 111 years! Or what happens if you come upon a century where you have fabrics, prints and patterns used...

@ Jade: I am, after all, a scientist! And Esme is the best, although Nanny Ogg is probably my spirit animal. And you should here my dirty singing on parties... ;)

Ramona said...

Danke nochmal für den tk maxx tip O_O muss schonmal für nächstes jahr sparen! Das mit fliegenden tieren zu nah am kopf ist auch einleuchtend (für jemand der schonmal ne fledermaus in hochgestellten haaren hatte *hüstl* da werden die armen leider etwas panisch... (dann doch lieber spinnen, die freunde aus langeweile mal einfach so reinsetzen...) ich glaub du würdest nie ohne näh-inspiration dastehen!

MindLess said...

@ Ramona: Bite schön, nenn mich ruhig Anfixerin! ^^ Eine Fledermaus in den Haaren wäre mein Horror, dabei finde ich die Viecher sonst echt niedlich! Und ich stehe sehr oft ohne Nähmotivation da, jetzt gerade zum Beispiel tue ich lieber tausend andere Dinge!