Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Professor's Homework Assignment: What I Love About this Time of Year


Your assignment is to show us what you love about this time of year! 

Remember, you can interpret my homework assignment themes anyway you want. Want to show us some of the crafting you've been doing? Or maybe art work or writing? Go for it! How about some nice outfit posts brimming with warm, wooly sweaters or layers of velvet? Or maybe your favorite thing about this time of year is this little, weird holiday ... what's it called? HALLOWEEN! WAHOO! Maybe cooking is more your thing? Show us some of the stews or soups you've been making or pies and cakes you've been baking. My Southen Hemisphere friends, it's Spring down under ... what do you love about this time of year? Are you planning your gardens? Buying seeds?
Oh, how I can I count the ways that I love beautiful fall? I was actually born in fall, so I think this somehow primed me to love the colder climate, the fresh air and wind! I love how the leaves turn beautiful colours, how they tumble from the trees and dance with the wind until they land on the ground! I love to rustle trhough fallen leaves and the crunchy sound that makes!


 I love the rainy days where it is cold outside and getting dark soon! I love seeing cities at night with all the beautiful lights! And I love to get comfy on the couch or in bed, with a good big book and a pot of hot chocolate...


And most of all I love the Halloween season, where I can get my hands on creepy decor, try out different masks and make up and sew or wear costumes much to my liking... I love fall, simple as that.


7 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

What a lovely table setting! I love the leaves too! And not dying of heatstroke is a plus! :P

The Irish Phantom Cat said...

I agree with everything :) Love the last picture. Nothing like going for a walk through the woods and seeing all the leaves turning.

Lesthis gothworld said...

Beautiful pictures!
And yes, crunchy sound from walking in the leaves are so cozy <3

Ramona said...

Gut, das mit dem im Herbst geboren und daher kühleres Wetter verkraftend / bevozugend klingt fast einleuchtend! Und super schöne Bilder rausgesucht!! *raschel raschel raschel*

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: Yes, that certainly is a big plus of fall and winter!

@ The Irish Phantom Cat: That's right! And the smell of autumn - still fresh but crisper and more delicious tahn spring air!

@ Lesthis gothworld: Isn't it? I think I like it so much because I never in my life had to rake leaves. That probably isn't much fun...

@ Ramona: Ist aber nur eine persönliche Theorie, vielleicht sollte ich da mal Daten sammeln?

The Professor said...

You got me at pot of chocolate. Yum ... drinking chocolate is the best. Sigh ... yes, the leaves are so divine this time of year. It's so romantic to wander the woods with the leaves fluttering down on the cool breezes. PERFECT.

Thanks for participating!

Mara Macabre said...

Oh, die Halloween-deko trifft auch absolut meinen Geschmack ;)
Ich liebe den Herbst!