Friday, June 9, 2017

Week in Review 25/2017

What did I see?
More surreal paintings, but these are computer enhanced. Hüseyin Sahin is a Turkish artist who uses pictures of real landscapes plus some kind of computer magic and turns them into dreamlike creations. I love how real and unreal they look at the same time!


What did I listen to?
Just my sport's music list


What did I ask myself?
How come that watching races is so boring? Or is it just me?

What did I read?
I finished Lemony Snicket's "Series of unfortunate Events". The ending was at the same time very surprising and very sad. I really love the books and would recommend them to everyone above the age of 12 years. Next on the list is "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood. There is a new TV series and the series (or rather the costumes from book and series) have raised awareness in US politics. Women wear them to protest rights (like abortion or Health Care) taken away from them. You go, girls!

What did I work on?
Pants. Pants, pants, pants. Maybe confrontation therapy works?

I was happy about...
Looking forward to a meeting with my sewing circle (or coven?) today!

I was annoyed about...
Nothing.

I bought...
Sewing patterns, for pants and swimsuits and a surprise...

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

"The Handmaid's Tale" muss ich auch irgendwann lesen. Wie großartig, dass sich das jetzt auf diese Weise in aktivistischen Kreisen niederschlägt!

Liebe Grüße,
Sabrina

MindLess said...

Es liest sich echt gut aber es ist gruselig wie echt es wirkt. Könnte tatsächlich demnächst so in den USA passieren...